Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 52: Happy Birthday


As of 4:21 this morning, I have a one year old.

One year.

A year full of surprise.
Awe.
Frustration.
Joy.
Tears.
Wonder.
Bliss.

One of the happiest years of my life.

Most everyone who knows me probably placed bets that I would cry today.
Happy tears, of course.
Proud tears.
Bittersweet tears.

But no tears for this gal.
No sir-ee.
Just like my wedding day.
Too happy to produce any tears.

Happy First Birthday to the sweetest little lady I know.

It was so wonderful to celebrate YOU this weekend.
And it really was a blast putting everything together.

Lots of planning.
Baking.
Errand running.
Gluing.
DIY-ing.
Borrowing.

All things I can do *by the way* with my newfound freedom.
Holy Moly.
I love freedom.
And I love being mentally present for these moments.

Your little soiree was quite the celebration.
Baby friends.
Adoring family.
Sweet *girly* presents.
Absolute perfection.

The theme was Breakfast at Lyla's.
Feminine.
Classy.
And completely Lyla.

I plan to write a party-detail post tomorrow.

But for today,
I just want to focus on you.

So happy birthday, Sweet Chunkin.
We love you more than we ever dreamed possible.

Thanks for one great year. ;)


















5 comments:

Jamie Hirujo said...

Happy birthday! Her dress is so cute!

Carolyn said...

OMG! Happy birthday baby girl!!! :)

I am DYING over that dress, and the birthday theme. SO CUTE!!!! I can't wait to hear all the details!

Anonymous said...

Umm cutest themed party idea EVER!!! You're always so creative :)

Happy B-day, Miss Lyla!!

Shoshanah said...

What an amazing & adorable first birthday party idea! How cute for her to look back on when she's hold. And of course, Happy Birthday to Lyla!!

zerry ht said...

Good to know about your birthday and sure you had a good time there. It’s my nephew’s birthday next month and in hunt of excellent event space Chicago. Hope to find one with a great location and arrange an amazing party.