Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 45: Game of Catch Up

Week 45: 06/24/13 - 06/30/13


This past week was a big one. 

Mama *gasp* quit her job. 
And is still in a bit of shock. 

It probably won't completely hit me until August 1st.
When panic and pandemonium instantly hit. 
Like an automatic reflex. 

Until I realize that I don't have to prepare a thing.
*Mostly because I quit.*
But also because I worked so hard this summer to prepare. 
For the chaos of the first couple of months of school. 
All that work to gear up for next year...
At least my replacement will hit the jackpot. 

After all that craziness.
It was time to play a little game of catch up. 

Catch up on the house.
Little by little.
It had been left in shambles for about 6 months. 
Slowly trying to organize, clean, and de-clutter.
Not to mention trying to figure out what the heck to do with a basement full of teaching stuff. 
Oy.

Catch up on adult things.
Retirement roll-overs. 
Life insurance. 
Vet appointments.
Student loan payments. 
Car seat research. 
I now have time to handle these things!

Catch up on milestones. 
Trying not to get too worried. 
About your lack of motivation to be mobile.
Well, really just lack of desire to crawl or pull up. 
You do scoot all over. 
And often get stuck. 
And you do stand while holding on to things.
You walk a little with help, even.
But I'd be lying if I said I don't worry. 

Catch up on bonding time.
We went to our last Mommy and Me swim class. 
Lots more reading together. 
Singing. 
Playing. 
You have a newfound love for Samson these days. 
Seriously.
Best friends forever. 

Catch up on social skills.
You have gotten tremendously better with strangers.
So proud of the last 2 weeks.
You have let so many people you don't know hold you.
And play with you. 
Without me in sight even. 
And we left you at Grams and Gramps for the day last weekend. 
You didn't cry once. 
Oh. And you LOVE LOVE LOVE toddlers and older kids.

And I'm LOVE LOVE LOVING this time with you. 
Feeling tremendously thankful for these moments. 















2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

She looks so sad about that being her last swim class@

Anonymous said...

Oh Ang - that photo of Lyla and Sampson is so gosh dang cute! How do you handle it? And congrats on your new life change - so many exciting adventures await for you! :)