Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weeks 25 & 26: A Combo

Weeks 25 & 26 - 02/03/13 - 02/16/13

Well. Mom's having to do a combo post.

And it's not due to slacking.
Quite the opposite, really.

This past week was a doozie.
I'm fighting off a sinus infection.
Yes.
Again.
I swear I've completely lost any kind of immune system I've ever had. 
Fourth time in 3 months to be sick. 
I'm about to lose my mind.

And you, my darling, are fighting a tooth.
It is so sad.
You're quite miserable.
Praying you're able to sleep tonight.
Because Lord knows we both need it.



And anytime I sit down to blog,
something else comes up.
Like lesson planning.
Or washing bottles.
I loathe how the have-to's always come before the want-to's.
Sigh.

But aside from an overproduction of mucus and a stubborn tooth,
the fun really has begun with our little *almost* 6 month old.

You have this new move.
It seriously puts me in stitches every time you do it.
You give us this little look.
Then you start to shake your head from side to side.
Like you're saying "no".
Then you stop. And wait.
Dad and I crack up.
So you crack up.
And then you do it over and over.

You love making us laugh.
(And we don't mind it either).



Like the other day, Dad and I took you to Old Navy.
I mean, you would have thought we took to New York City's F.A.O. Schwarz.
You had the best time.
Talking. Smiling. Laughing.
Dad picked up a ball and started bouncing it, and you seriously laughed for 10 minutes.
I mean, cracking up.
At a ball.
So of course we bought it.
And of course you haven't laughed at it since.

And you've got two new loves.
Sweet potatoes.
And Pops.
Not sure where the newfound love for Pops came in.
But he sure enjoys it.
And you sure enjoy him.




*Milestone alert*
You are officially able to sit by yourself with no assistance.
(Including GiGi's feet to support you).
Yeah, Chunkin!
It catches me off guard every time I put you down on the floor.
You just sit there.
Playing with your toys.
Like it's no big deal.
But, I'm your mom.
So, I still put a pillow off to the side...just in case you wobble over.



And it was your very first Valentine's Day last week!
I wanted to make a super cute mother-daughter craft to give to Daddy.
But my sinus infection had other plans.

You were extra forgiving though.
And told me you'd still be mine. 



We're sure having fun with you these days.
My smile lines get deeper and deeper by the day.

And I'm not even mad about it.







4 comments:

Ali Moore said...

Such a big girl! Hope this week is better...for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Too fun! And that Valentines outfit was to die for!

I hope you are feeling much better - darn yucky germs floating around! :)

Bethany said...

Shes too cute for words!!

Brittany said...

SUCH a cutie!! Seriously!! Sending sleep vibes your way too - so hard to be sick and no sleep :(