Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trial Run

Yesterday was a trial run at GiGi's.

You know, to prepare for the real deal of returning to work on Monday.

But mostly to see if my heart would keep beating while away from my babe.

It did.
Keep beating, that is.
I know.
Surprised me too.

And it actually made me feel *slightly* better.
I mean, I wish I could stay at GiGi's all day.
Playing.
Singing.
Plenty of food.
Abundance of cuddles.
And an oh-so-cozy place to sleep.

Chunkin is going to have such a fun time.
Mommy, on the contrary, can be found at any given time in a puddle of tears in her classroom.

But I couldn't WAIT to get home to this giggly girl.

Seriously, if this doesn't make you smile, you don't have a soul.

**A few disclaimers:
1). I don't normally dress my baby in such drastic mis-matched prints. However, she had just spit up everywhere, and it was like 20 minutes before bed. So, just grabbed the nearest thing I could find.

2). Wow. I apologize for my "mommy voice". That's just embarrassing.

3). Gabe informed me that I need to get up to speed on technology. Apparently, I need to take videos with my iphone horizontally, not vertically. Oopsie.






8 comments:

Ben Smithson said...

Help us stop Vertical Video Syndrome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA

Cam said...

Um..CUTE. I want to cuddle her right this second. Also, love the mommy voice! ;)

Ali Moore said...

Ham and I just watched the giggles. We both loved it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, that little giggle makes my heart smile. Adorable!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

She's so sweet! Love the little giggles :)

Brittany said...

You will be so happy you did a "trial run". I think that helped me so much going back to work because I knew that my little guy COULD live without me. (even though I wanted to think he couldn't...). Will be thinking about you!

Amanda said...

So cute! And your mom voice isn't bad at all - I'm pretty sure only bats and dogs can hear my "baby" voice :). This kind of makes me want another one already. Wait! Make me stop the crazy talk!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh...those giggles, melt my heart,she is precious!! :)