Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Traditions are my fave

I have always been a sucker for sentiment.

I used to beg my grandma to tell me stories of her childhood... over and over.

I've kept every note/card I've ever received.

I go back and frequently look at the thousands (possibly millions) of pics I've taken over the years.

My favorite gifts do not cost anything at all. They're the homemade kind.

I drink pumpkin spice lattes. Simply because that's what you do in the fall.

You get the point.

So. It's no surprise that I am quite glamoured by traditions.

And you better believe I'm giddy to continue and begin traditions with our little family. Especially Christmas.

But, we recently participated in our first little family tradition.

Going to the pumpkin patch. Walter's Pumpkin Patch. So.Much.Fun.

Of course, it will be even more fun when Lyla actually understands what's going on and why Mommy and Daddy dress her in silly Halloween outfits and constantly plop her on the "perfect pumpkin" for the "perfect photo op".

Who am I kidding? She'll never understand those things.

But the traditions will live on. Even if they are only to humor Mom. :)










Can't wait to add more to our list of family traditions!




5 comments:

Kendra said...

My mom and I take Leo every year to Walter's (Camdin and I actually started the tradition when we were in high school) and we love it. This year our trip got rained out and I'm not sure we'll make it and I am so bummed. Glad you guys got to start a tradition so fun!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Love family traditions and LOVER her outfit! :)

my life aside from being a mom & wife.. said...

If it makes you feel any better about the possible thumb sucking Ang, Brooke will be 3 very soon and still goes to bed every single night with warm milk in her bottle! She just loves it and puts her right to sleep! People give me a lot of slack about it.. And you know what I say to them?... does your child sleep 14 hours every night?!.. I didn't think so! Haha you know what's best! :)

Shoshanah said...

Her outfit is adorable! And I'm with you, and can't wait to have children and so look forward to building all sorts of family traditions with them.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, it's going to be a great holiday season for you!!!