Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bumpdate: 37 Weeks

Well. I'm officially back into the grind of daily life of a teacher...

But this year is a little more uncomfortable considering my current state.
Yesterday was one of the longest days of the year (aside from conferences).

Twelve jam-packed hours. At 9 1/2 months pregnant. 
Inservice. 
Trainings. 
On my feet. 
Talking to parents. 
Meeting new students. 
Adrenaline rushing.

I don't think my body has ever hurt so bad. Ever.
Boo-hoo. Enough complaining.

Oh. And thank you SO much for the SWEET COMMENTS about our pics. We're obsessed. And honestly, I didn't mean to start out the last post so negative...I was actually trying to be funny by describing what was going on behind the lens. Didn't mean to come off as a whiney brat.
But, I digress.

How Far Along: 37 Weeks. For a few more hours. 37 Weeks is FULL TERM.
Oh. mi. goodness.
Maternity Clothes: Yep. Things are starting to look not-so-cute. Even my maternity clothes. I have a 5 outfit rotation for work until little one comes. Ugh.

Gender: Girly girl.

Movement: Little miss thang loves to jab her arm (or leg?) every hour or so...usually on my right side. I love jabbing her back.

Sleep: The good Lord is blessing me. I'm STILL sleeping like a champ. I mean, getting up every hour to roll over...oh the aching hips! And of course I'm getting up to pee. But, I'm able to fall right back into a super deep sleep. 
Listen. I had insomnia for years. So I do not feel guilty about being able to sleep. Plus, I know it will all come to a screeching halt very, very soon.

What I miss: Being able to roll over without waking up. Being able to bend over to pick something up. Being able to walk rather than waddle.

Cravings: No real cravings. Just not caring anymore about what I eat. Don't get me wrong - I'm still getting plenty of protein, veggies, fruits, and whole grains. But I also do NOT worry about indulging every now and then. I just do not care anymore.

Other crazy symptoms: The feet are swelling at the end of each day. Have to put those bad boys up. I even slept with my feet up last night. This is what happens when you work on your feet all day. And you're carrying a watermelon.

Oh. And on the foot note - mine have grown a half a size. Please Lord let them go back to normal after baby...I REALLY don't want to have to buy all new shoes!!!

And baby girl is still sitting SUPER high. This is not giving me much space to breathe. And it's causing wicked-bad heartburn. Feels like my lungs/heart/stomach are being squeezed to the size of peas.
Size of Babe: She's 38 cm currently. According to doc. And I'm too lazy to get my phone to check out my What to Expect app to see what fruit she is this week. What could possibly be bigger than a watermelon?

Best Moment this week: Date night with hubs. Spending every possible last moment with him.

Belly Pic:




3 comments:

Kristin said...

Not much longer! Can't wait to see her!

Crystal Seed said...

You are so so close! I can't wait to see her!!! And, I'm so jealous at how tiny prego you are!! Sooooo cute!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can't imagine having to be on your feet for so long pregnant! Glad you made it through the day!