Monday, October 17, 2011

Lovin Life

Good news.

I have my formal evaluation tomorrow morning,
where a ridiculous amount of planning is involved.

And, it's conference week (and a half).
And I have 7:30 a.m. meetings every single day this week.
And grades are due by 4:00 p.m. tomorrow.

But guess what?

I don't feel anxious/nervous/stressed.

At all.

And you know what's even better?
I did not go into work at all this weekend.
Not even for an hour.

This is a breakthrough for me, people.

I mean, I am the girl who went in to work straight from
a full day of flying with two layovers and a jam-packed weekend
of wedding festivities. And no sleep.

But I didn't go in this weekend.
And let me tell you,
it.felt.good.

I think this means I'm getting the hang of things.
(Or that I'm burnt out and simply learning
to just be okay with never, ever finishing things. Ever).

And for someone who lives by one giant to-do list,
it is pretty stinkin hard.

But I'm slowly trying to let things go.

Proof that I am still ME in the midst of all that is my chaotic life right now:


*Can't wait to share some photos from a VERY special wedding weekend...pics coming soon!

**I MISS all of my bloggy friends. I promise to (hopefully) start getting back on the bloggy wagon again soon. I am trying to keep up with everyone!

xoxoxox ;)


1 comment:

Amanda @ New Adventures said...

I'm glad your getting better at setting those boundaries and accepting your not going to get everything done. I know how HARD that is! I still sometimes lay awake thinking about the HUGE to do list on my desk but its been getting better :)