Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Half-Awake Hodgepodge

Welcome to my random stream of consciousness.

1). I'm exhausted. And grumpy. And overwhelmed. And stressed. And can't think straight. Life of a first-year teacher, I guess.

2). On the flip side, everyday of teaching reminds me I made the best decision of my life when I gave up one really great career to pursue my dream.

3). In less than 24 hours, we will be with our Rhode Island Family. I.can't.wait.

4). We leave straight from work to the airport, so everything has to be loaded in the car tonight. I haven't even started packing. And I still have work to do. And I will go into work Sunday night when our flight lands after a long day of traveling with TWO layovers. Yuck-O.

5). Yes, I am Whiney Windy tonight.

6). We painted another room and its trim. Dear sweet muffins - there is probably nothing more tedious than sanding/priming/painting every piece of trim in your entire house.

7). This weekend, we will be attending our 11th out of (now 14) weddings this year. We both have the pleasure of being in this one for two of our dearest friends!!!

8). Wiener dogs are on my top 5 list of favorite things ever. My parents just got two baby creme long-haired doxies. I die.

9). I have been attempting to run. And by attempting, I mean, Mr. Ruby signed me up for my first 5K, and I feel like I'm going to die after 2 mile runs. Meanwhile, he just completed his first marathon ever. So proud!
10). I'm sad that blogging has been put on the back burner. But don't feel bad. So has eating healthy, sleeping, and having down time.

11). My new favorite love = Mad Men. I have my very first celebrity crush since the N'Sync and Leo DiCaprio days. Don Draper, obvi.

Hope you all are having a fantastic Wednesday. Only two more days til the weekend!! :)


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ok, the creme dachshunds - ADORABLE! I have always thought they were so cute and looked like tiny golden retrievers!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time in RI!! Those dogs are too cute!!