Thursday, October 28, 2010

I have a rule.

Pic from our trip to Napa in September

No drinking on a school night.

Although I am a strong advocate for a glass of red wine or two, I simply do not drink anything during the week.

Except for special occasions, of course.

Last week, Mr. Ruby's sister and her husband stayed with us for a couple of nights before they headed up to Maine for their 10 year anniversary. We haven't seen them in around 3 years, so of COURSE this counted as a special occasion!

And what made it even more special, we decided to pop open the bottle we bought while visiting Napa Valley in September.

Oh man. Absolutely Delish.

And dangerous.

I mean, how could it not be with a name like Seduction?

This sequence of events may or may not have led me to start breaking my rule. ;)

7 comments:

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

Special wines are definitely for special occasions! The hubby and I have a champagne bottle we bought when we were on our honeymoon and we're saving it for our one-year anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I have the same rule too! But it's okay to indulge every one in awhile during a weekday!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, glad you had a good night!

AbbyS. said...

I have this rule too, but sometimes a drink is much needed after a day at school- esp. during holiday weeks! lol!

Neo said...

Rules? Rules are to be broken...
said after the empty bottle is tossed

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Haha.. fun post!! Ps- gave you an award over at my blog!

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time with you guys! Let's def not allow another 3 years to go by before we spend time together again. We miss you guys already!

Abi