Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Monday!

Excuse me?

Does anyone know where Sunday went? Or the entire weekend for that matter?

So, anyone who knows me is very well aware that I weekly gear up for a brutal battle with Sunday Night Blues. And let me tell you, SNB wins every.single.time.

I have struggled with this since I was a wee kiddo. I can remember being in middle school and having the time of my life over the weekend and then facing the facts every Sunday night: the week is just around the corner. And I mean, what kind of worries does a middle schooler have?

And now, in my adult life, I still find myself dreading Sundays and the subsequent blues. Now, let me reassure you, I have no reason whatsoever to be so overly dramatic. In fact, I have always enjoyed life and would consider myself a glass-is-half-full optimistic gal.

I just don't like giving up my weekends. Or relaxation. Or time with friends. Or time in general.

My friend recently sent me this article on SNB. And apparently MANY people struggle with this.

The one thing I have noticed that helps is to not leave every dreaded task for Sunday: i.e. cleaning, laundry, homework, preparing for work on Monday etc. Seriously, if that's all you have to look forward to...it really is just too depressing. Also, I like to plan a date night with Mr. Ruby (even if it's just staying in watching a movie) during the week so I have something to look forward to.

So tell me, I'm not the only one who struggles with this, right? :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SO struggle with this!!!!

Leigh said...

I definitely struggle with it! I love my job and enjoy it, but I just get so sad that the weekend is over. If only everyday could be Friday, haha

Anonymous said...

You are so not alone my friend. I love going to church on Sundays and praising the Lord, but man oh man...they are NOT my favorite days because all I can think about is that Monday is around the corner. Sigh

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

When I was in school even in college I felt the same way and struggled with the Monday coming. Once I was out of school though it slowly went away. I don't work on Monday's so that's probably why I don't dread Monday's now lol

Anonymous said...

I saw that you love dolphins!! you should really wach the movie "the cove", it is on demand if you have netflix. Its an amazing documentary about what is happening to dolphins in Taji,Japan.