Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gearing up with Granny Panties

Yep.

I put my Granny Panties on this morning.

I turn 27 today.

It is quite amazing to me how quickly time goes. I honestly feel like I just published this post. Last year's birthday was quite...interesting. I was traveling for work. And spent my entire evening by myself, in a hotel, quite sick on le toilette. Not so fun.

This birthday, I decided to make up for last year by getting wild and crazy. I mean, really crazy. For example, this morning, I have been working on a four page paper on how multiplication and addition are related. And then, I plan to go into work only to deal with one (or all) of the following: 1). bleeding 2). screaming 3). swearing 4). fighting 5). grumpy parents 6). colds/the flu 7). bad attitudes.

Wild and crazy.

But all kidding aside, it really is the simple things that absolutely make my birthday the greatest!

  • Take for instance, my sweet husband. I groggily walked down the stairs this morning, only to find this on the kitchen counter: (Funfetti is my all-time favorite!!! No, the cake has not been baked. And yes, I will probably have to bake it myself. But it is totally the thought that counts.) ;)

  • Or the fact that some good friends invited us over for a special birthday dinner.
  • Or the overwhelming amount of cards, phone calls, and text & FB messages I have receive from loved ones. And it is only a quarter past noon.

That's all it takes.The simple things to remind me that I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. And there are a lot of you. My 27 year old self loves each and every one of you!!!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! :)

Lucky in Love said...

So awesome :) I'm jealous of your funfetti cake :) Is it sad that I can't remember if I'm 26 or 27? Hm.

Happy birthday!!!!!

Leigh said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you are having a fabulous day!

PinkSass said...

Happy Birthday pretty girl!

LauraAnn said...

Happy Birthday Mrs Ruby! Hope you have a fabulous day! And enjoy the funfetti! :-)

d.a.r. said...

I had forgotten how close our birthdays are!! Happy happy birthday! Hope you have lots of fun celebrating this weekend :)

tootie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's a fun one. Love the funfetti cake box and jar of frosting! I'd skip the baking and just eat the frosting :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Funfetti is the best!! Happy Birthday!

Kendra said...

I love funfetti cakes! Happy birthday!

Aliya said...

omgggg Funfetti is the BEST! What a wonderful hubby you have!! Happy birthday, doll! :)

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My 26th birthday was definitely very low key since we had just gotten married, but I definitely plan on being a bit more festive for 27! And I will also feel like 27 officially makes me a grown-up GROWN-UP...like no more hiding it or still being able to fit into the mid-20s category...but maybe 27 is still mid to late 20s...haha

The Frenchs said...

Hey Angela! Long time, but stumbled on your blog and am SO excited to hear your a teacher? Perhaps in school to become a teacher? SO happy for you and your beautiful life!

Krista said...

I know I'm super late, but Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend!