Monday, July 26, 2010

It's official


I am officially a Rhode Islander.

Saturday was a true, authentic, New England-packed day. (Aside from waking up at 6:00 a.m. to take my FINAL of three Praxis exams).

I would absolutely love to show you pictures from our amazing Rhody-filled day...but my camera is still being fixed. Roar.

But I can at least try to paint a picture to show you that it was EVERYTHING that New England summers are about:

Hanging at the beach ALL day long

source

Del's Frozen Lemonade: Perfect fix for dehydration

source

Finishing the night with Clamcakes and Chowder!

source

I mean, summers growing up in Kansas meant 110 degree heat index with 100% humidity. Ugh. And our version of the beach was playing in the sprinkler with the neighborhood kids. Oh, and Kansas-style clamcakes and chowder were only found at Long John Silvers and Red Lobster.

Summers will never, ever be the same.

5 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats! I can not wait to see photos!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Congratulations, sounds like an amazing place!

Ally said...

I'm from Florida... but I lived in Maine for 4 years.. and plan to go back someday. I must agree, there is nothing, nothing better than a New England Summer day.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Sounds like such a great day!

Freck said...

Hooray! Sounds like a fun place! That lemonade looks so refreshing and yummy!!