Monday, December 14, 2009

Bah Humbug

I know everyone says it every. single. year.

But I really mean it.

Christmas came way too quickly this year.

During a normal Christmas season, I can be caught at any given time watching Love Actually, Home Alone and a Christmas Story. I can be heard belting out "Santa Baby" and "All I want for Christmas is You." I can be caught divulging in way too much egg nog and Christmas cookies.

But this year, I'm not sure where my Christmas spirit is.

My life has been busier than ever before...and I guess I just haven't really even taken in all of Christmas in it's glory. We're not even sending out Christmas cards this year. TERRIBLE!

Oh, and you know what else dampened my Christmas mood? Going to see the new Christmas Carol movie. It was terrible. (And I even saw it in 3D). It was dark, scary, depressing, and very odd. Not your typical Christmas lifter-upper. I mean, I'm all about artistic creativity when it comes to movies...but this was just weird. I even saw a family leave with their child.

Does this look like Christmas to you?


So, in order to rummage up some much-needed Christmas jollies, (that I know are just waiting to burst out at any given moment), I'm going to think about the things that always make me excited.









6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that Starbucks looks SOOOO good.

Bonanza said...

ohhhhhhhhh Mariah Carey. I went to phonezoo.com (free sounds for your phone) and got a text message noise that chimes the beginning of "All I want for christmas is you"
It helped! :)
So did watching White Christmas and drinking some nog :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I love the movie A Christmas Story.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hope you feel more Christmas-ey soon! I love watching Christmas movies!

Freck said...

Awww, I had a scroogey post yesterday, too!! We can do it, we can get in the Christmas spirit!! Give it time :)

Shoshanah said...

I definitely agree with you that version of A Christmas Carol didn't quite live up to expectations. And I also agree with you that a Starbucks gingerbread latte can easily get me in the Christmas spirit!