Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nope. Won't do it.

Not going back to work.

Ever.

Ok.

Maybe I'm bluffing.

But I have SEVERE Sunday Night Blues.

We had the most wonderful past few days...stress free! We started the long weekend off right by hanging out at a friend's playing Win, Lose, or Draw and plenty of chicken wings and ice cream shots on the side.



Then Thursday, we were lucky enough to spend our Thanksgiving with three great couples! None of them have family in the area either...so we all decided to have our own feast. I must say, our friend Annie did a fabulous job making her very first turkey. It was so beautiful, I didn't want to eat it! Ok, maybe I did. And of course, I topped it off with a piece of pecan and pumpkin pie. (Hey, all bets are off in terms of dieting when it comes to Thanksgiving!)






Friday, Mr. Ruby and I did our traditional DECORATE DAY! We woke up late, drank a couple of vanilla chi lattes, pumped up a little bit of Trans Siberian Orchestra, ate Thanksgiving leftovers, decorated the house for Christmas, and blew up the air mattress to watch movies and sleep next to the Christmas tree. Cheese factory, I know. But so much fun. And I love our little tradition.





And last night, we finished things right by going to my favorite, On the Border! Then we played Apples to Apples with friends until 1:30 in the morning. If you haven't played that game, I highly recommend it. I'm not kidding when I say that my sides still hurt this morning from laughing so hard.





This was absolutely hysterical. It won't make much sense if you've never played the game Apples to Apples...but the word was "Perfect". And my demented friends came up with the following to demonstrate the word "perfect": Tom Hanks. Toasted Marshmellows (My card). Challenger Explosion. Oil Spills. and Attack on Pearl Harbor.

SUCH a fun game!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!!!

7 comments:

The France Family said...

Totally understand the Sunday Night blues!! Right there with you! LOL!

Jen said...

What a fun weekend! Tree looks great!

Anne-A-Bell said...

I just played apples to apples last night! It wasn't that awesome, cause the people I played with had NO SENSE OF SARCASM!! It was sad. Not as fun when people are all serioso. :(
BUT I LOVE THE GAME!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had such a wonderful holiday!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic extra-long weekend. I completely understand where you are coming from because I don't want to go back to school! I would much rather sit at home watching movies and decorating for xmas!

Freck said...

Looks like you had an awesome Holiday!! I had some severe Sunday night blues last night, too.

Shoshanah said...

I tried to play apples to apples once, but the person explaining the rules must not have done a very good job explaining because I don't quite get the game. I have heard some great things about it, so maybe one day I'll get in on the fun. And I'm glad you had such a great long weekend, even though it went by too quickly as always.