Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Travel News


So, I have some good news...and some bad news. 

I've always been one to start with bad news. That way we can end on a positive note. 

The bad news? I have a major travel tummy ache. Like stomach gurgling and no-amount-of-Pepto-Bismol-is-doing-me-any-good bad tummy ache. 

The good news? Traveling has definitely allowed me to start reading again! I just read a good one that I totally and completely recommend to everyone. It's called Sarah's Key. It's a fiction novel about a little girl's experience during the Jewish roundup at the Velodrome d'Hiver in France in 1942. So touching...and incredibly well-written.


In other news? I must apologize for being the worst blogger ever. I can't even begin to explain how busy my life has been the past month. I feel like my pups don't even know me anymore because I've been traveling so much!!! Luckily, I have the best hubs ever who welcomes me home to a clean house. 

I promise to get back into the swing of things soon...

Hope you all are having a fabulous week!!! :) 

6 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Hope you feel better super soon!! And great to hear about that book...it's on my must read list :)

Aliya said...

aww feel better soon!!

Shoshanah said...

I read Sarah's Key a month or so ago. I thought it was really good, but SO sad. It's been a hard book to actually be able to forget about.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the book review and I hope you feel better soon. Although I probably don't get it as much as you, I hate travel tummy.

Sarah said...

Oh that book sounds so good!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you've been able to find time to read!!