Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Mistake


So, I made two very big mistakes this weekend. 
  • First mistake? I decided that I really wanted to go see "My Sister's Keeper" since I just finished the book. Against my better judgement, I went to this movie...alone. I went through about 8 full Kleenexes and multiple stare downs from others who seemed to be thinking "Aww...that poor girl can't stop crying and she doesn't have any friends." I just have to say, I actually kind of like going to movies by myself. I'm odd, I guess. Oh, and for the record, the movie was terrible compared to the book. I was quite disappointed.
  • Second mistake of the weekend: I didn't apply a hefty amount of sunscreen today like I should have. I was at my friend's pool for four hours and didn't realize the sun was scorching my skin. I am now paying for it. I look like a freshly boiled lobster. 
I guess I learned some valuable lessons! I hope everyone has a FABULOUS week!!! :)

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I like going to the movies alone as well. Granted I've only went once but still...

Shoshanah said...

I think I cried the entire movie non-stop. It was a little ridiculous.

tootie said...

I don't mind going solo to movies either. I just read My Sister's Keeper, but haven't seen the movie. I think I might wait until it comes out on DVD.

Sorry to hear about your sunburn!