Saturday, January 10, 2009

Warning: Tear Jerker

Marley_and_Me

I'm always a little late on seeing movies. Last night, I dragged poor Mr. Ruby to go see Twilight with me, but we got there too late and so decided to see Marley and Me instead. I had heard to bring extra tissues, and I prepared myself (or so I thought) for a real tear jerker.

Well, I sobbed. And sobbed. And sobbed a little more. It was actually quite embarrassing. I kept telling myself "You know he's going to die at the end...so just be prepared." Well that sure didn't work. I had tears running down my face before the movie even started...just thinking about it!

Needless to say, I realized that I'm not so sure I can handle these animal movies. I mean, I tear up in at least 1 in 3 movies that I see...happy or sad. But, the movies with animals - just forget about it. I lose myself. I'm not quite sure why. I think it's just because animals are so helpless, and dogs especially are just so loyal - up to their very last day. And let me tell you something else. I don't care how crazy it sounds. All dogs go to heaven. I'm convinced of it. I am quite sure I will see my little Spicy again someday.

So, after composing myself and getting into the car with completely swollen eyes. I looked over at Mr. Ruby (who had little misties himself) and we nodded our heads. Yep, we went straight home to spend time with our pups!

IMG_5861

IMG_5863

9 comments:

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I'm sorry, but it's funny because I am exactly THE SAME way! My boyfriend will RUN into the living room to change the channel if he hears that ASPCA ad come on with all the sad, sick doggies & kitties because I always totally lose it! Needless to say, I will probably not be going to see Marley & Me!

CIP said...

Haha, I'm purposely not seeing this movie because I don't like crying. I totally avoid any and all movies that might make me cry!

Angela said...

cute doggie. is the black one a long hair doxie?

Q, La, and Gooner said...

The last animal movie I saw was "Homeward Bound" and that was it for me. I get waaaaaaaaaaaay too emotional.

Jules said...

You just summed it up. I went a few hours ago and I was a mess! I wasn't at all prepared for how sad it actually was. I came home and gave my dogs tons of love.
Your dogs are adorable!

Jaded Jill said...

it was rough - but worth it!

Lindsey said...

Aww you were so brave to see it! I don't think I will be able to see it.

Ashley said...

Awww! I want to see it but I'm a little scared. I cried while reading the book... who knows how I'll take the book. Ha!

Allison said...

Oh, I cried so, so hard at the end of the movie!!
I got home late, and the first thing I did was go into my parents room and steal my dog away from their bed so I could snuggle with him.