Monday, January 5, 2009

Exciting Post...

I have something random to write about before my exciting news.

First, the weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I was at Wal-Mart buying some basics. Laundry Detergent. Face Lotion. Toilet Paper. I was dazing off in my own world (where you can find me most often) when the cashier asked me, "Ma'am, you are over 18 years of age, right?" I snapped quickly out of my daze and said, "Excuse me?" She repeated herself. I chuckled under my breath and advised that yes, I am clearly over 18. Apparently she wanted to make sure I wasn't going to use the cough syrup I bought to bring back to my current meth lab.

**********************************************************

Now, for my exciting news. I received my VERY FIRST award...a huge shout out and thank you to Jill at Jaded Jill Speaks!!! Check out her blog sometime - it's super entertaining and she has the cutest golden ever!

The award states "This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!

Now I'd like to pass this award onto the following lovely ladies:

Emily over at Living Our Own Fairy Tale - I adore her blog and she always entertains me with her Martha Stewart-like ways ;)

Lindsey at Sweet Simplicity - her blog is so upbeat and fun, and I feel like we have so much in common!

Amanda at Only The Good Stuff - She's so sweet and always has such great pictures and creative baking ideas

Thanks again to Jaded Jill! I hope you all have a fabulous week.

13 comments:

Only The Good Stuff said...

Eep!! Thank you SO much!!! <3

Rachel said...

this happened to me buying Sudafed at Walgreens; I had to fork over my drivers license...what is this world coming to!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

THANKS for the award! I think that award is so sweet. I enjoy reading your blog.

Jaded Jill said...

no problem - i love your blog!

Girl Meets Beau said...

Congrats on the award! And how funny about the age question!! I would have been a little shocked about that too - HA

Posh Peach said...

Hi there! I came across your blog and stopped by. So cute, I love the name!

Allison said...

Haha, apparently I don't look like I'm over 17 because I STILL get carded at the movie theaters! So funny about thinking you would make a meth lab!

I really like your blog a lot, I stumbled on it while looking at someone else's. VERY cute :)

Jordan said...

I know how you feel. Everyone thinks that I'm much younger than 18. Although everyone does tell me that I'll appreciate it later on ;]

Congrats on the blog award =]

Emily said...

yeah:)
Yeah:)
Yeah:)
Congrats to you on the award and
Thank you so much friend:) I love your blog too:) Yipeee:) I cant wait to post about it this afternoon:) Thank you very very much!
Have a great Tuesday:)

Lorie said...

Oh! Congrats on the blog award! And reading your post made me remember that I forgot face lotion the last time I went to WalMart!!

Lindsey said...

Woohoo congrats on your award, you deserve it!

Emily said...

just was reading your blog again today and wanted to tell you... i love the wedding picture you have up on your side bar... it is defintely a framer... you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol overnight delivery tramadol hcl max dosage - buy tramadol dogs