Monday, December 8, 2008

Worst.Drivers.Ever

Ok, so I thought when we lived in Dallas that I would never live to see worse drivers. Nope. Couldn't be any further from the truth. I officially live in a place ranked and known to have the worst drivers in all of the U.S.

Rhode Island drivers are so AWFUL!

Today, I was entering the on-ramp to the highway when the car in front of me kept coming to a complete stop. Yes, on the on-ramp. She would go for a few feet, and then swerve a little and come to a  stop. I got nervous. So, I pulled up next to her to see if she needed help. She immediately did a U-Turn on the median just before entering the highway and went down the exit ramp. Wow.

Not to mention the infamous "Rhode Island Pull Out". This is where drivers who are trying to turn left just decide not to wait their turn but simply put their vehicles in the middle of the street so that the other cars are forced to stop.

Oh, and then of course there's the "Come to a stop for no reason". This is where drivers come to a complete stop (while going anywhere from 30 - 50 mph) for absolutely no reason.

And of course there's no such thing as a stop sign or a red light. AND they cannot grasp the concept that driving in the left lane is for PASSING and going FAST...not 45 mph!!!

Geez.

7 comments:

Miss Merry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Not-so-Domesticated said...

Well hello! I found my way over here from "Newlywed Stilettos" and I think we have a lot in common...I too have a severe dislike for bad drivers. Can't wait to read more!

Amanda said...

Hi! I also came to you from Newlywed Stilettos. I feel your pain about bad drivers in a new place. I'm originally from Australia and I now live in L.A. Mostly I actually love driving here, but my pet hate is that people here seem to never use their turning signals! I've been cut off so many times by cars suddenly zipping in front of me with no signal.

Good luck adjusting to the madness!

Mary Michal said...

I completely agree about the "Left Lane Drivers." They drive me nuts.

Unknown said...

Bad drivers are SO annoying!!!

Ashley said...

Just stopping by from Newlywed Stilettos. Love your blog!!

Emily said...

bad drivers drive me NUTS.. my drive to work is the one thing that ruins my day! the most stressful part of my day.. getting cut off... and people trailing too close behind me! so annoying!