Monday, December 15, 2008

Accomplishments

When I read other blogs and talk to my friends - I realize that I am one of the few people who doesn't check my gmail, facebook OR read blogs at work. First off, all of that stuff is blocked at work (yes I know, it's like Fort Knox) but two, I actually have so much to do...I can never imagine having TIME to check all of those things. Don't get me wrong, I love being busy. In fact, I usually work so hard that I look up at the clock and it's time for lunch, and then I look up again and it's time to go home! BUT, it would be nice to be able to have some web-surfing time. I would really like  to shop, blog and just SURF at work. However, that will never happen with my current responsibilities.

However, today was different. Today was just one of those days where I really just didn't feel like working. (I think I'm getting Christmas-itis). I did everything I possibly could to procrastinate and accomplished the following today:

1). Took the stairs to the basement (so that it would take longer) to get myself and co-workers coffee and hot chocolate. Although, I don't drink either one. I did this at least 3 times.

2). Went around the office and chit-chatted with everyone about their weekends,Christmas plans...and their life stories. (Anything to keep me from my desk). 

3). E-mailed my husband to remind him to print our Christmas cards after work.

4). Checked my bank account. (This caused me to feel quite nauseous due to the dwindling amount).

5). Checked my text message from one of my best friends - it's snowing in Vegas!

6). Walked around the office to tell everyone it is snowing in Vegas.

7). Conducted a couple phone interviews.

8). Went to McDonald's for my afternoon D-Coke.

9). Spent two hours trying to figure out how to create a graph/chart in excel.

10). Went out to the middle of the office and sang the 50 States - in alphabetical order (this is not a joke...I really did this).

11). Received a couple of giggles after #10 above.

12). Received a couple of glares/ jaw drops from #10 above.

In all honesty, I really am procrastinating because I really, REALLY do not want to work on this super important project. When I get back from a wonderful Christmas with family and friends...I have to give this huge presentation to our Vice Presidents. I am dreading every moment. I keep thinking if I put it off, my boss will forget he assigned this to me.

No comments: