Monday, November 24, 2008

The Joys of Working Out

Top 5 reasons why I really REALLY find no joy in going to the gym:

5). I have to wait about 3 and a half hours after eating (even if it is only 2 crackers) before I workout. Otherwise, I have a side ache that feels like someone is twisting a knife inside my abdomen.

4). I do not look like the other girls who wear their cute little skimpy gym outfits. Since when did going to the gym turn into New York Fashion Week?!?!

3). I turn hideously beet red. No really, I look like a beet.

2). I get so excited when I start to "feel it" and begin to sweat because then it means I've burned like 200 calories, right? Oh wait, nope. I really only burned 46. 

1). The absolute #1 reason why I do not like going to the gym: awkward naked moments. 
You know those women who have absolutely NO modesty? Yeah, the ones who walk around with EVERYTHING exposed but feel no shame sparking up a conversation about today's board meeting and how we can really bring change to the department. Seriously, enough to make me never want to step foot in the gym again.

No comments: